Whats going on?

Hi all,

There’ve been a few attempts to keep this forum going and its kind of slowed a bit. I think partially due to less updates about twisted fields itself. I was wondering if anyone knew whats been happening with acorn and such?

Rosia

1 Like

October 22-24 , 2024 woodland California farm robots conference:

is what brought me to this forum. I’m still looking around…

1 Like

oh wow nice! Welcome :slight_smile:
thats really cool they’re showing things off there, very jealous of anyone going haha

1 Like

Hello thank you for asking!

Indeed I have been pretty absent, I apologize. For most of this time I have been deep in engineering working on the release version of Acorn. We have been experimenting with a few diverging concepts, and it has been hard to pin down clarity on exactly what the release looks like, but I think a path forward is coming together.

There are still some things to sort out, but my priority through the end of the year is to clean up the CAD files and start to publish some official releases with associated fabrication instructions.

Some exciting news is that the motor controller and motherboard PCB designs are looking pretty good. That took a significant amount of effort but it is starting to look stable and release ready, hopefully. Mechanical designs have changed slightly but will be more versatile in systems which do not use all four corner assemblies (imagine a trike or two wheeler).

I will probably post a full project update by the end of September or October.

For now, please enjoy one of my favorite pictures of Acorn, and some photos of the latest motor controllers!

Also I will have to mention this in the next blog post, and then after that I will change my username, but I have started going by Sequoia (and she/her pronouns)! I am not particularly bothered by use of taylor and it lingers quite widely on the net, but I am trying to deprecate that and move more to the new name. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Thank you for the update, thats amazing :slight_smile:, good luck with the prep for release!

Also congrats on the name change, I’m a transfem too and its so empowering to settle on a name, I found it was a super good opportunity for self reflection and I came out of it with a way stronger sense of myself

1 Like